Thursday, November 24, 2011

MODERN RUSTIC

I saw this post on The Selby and while i love almost all of The Selby shoots, I think this one has to be my favourite so far.









 As you can see from the "Dream Spaces" section, my favourite home aesthetic is a Rustic/Vintage/Modern vibe. The photos from this shoot are of Hitoshi Uchida-San's home in Kamakura Japan. Hitoshi is an antique furniture company owner as you can tell by all of his beautifully weathered furniture. I love the the extreme rustic look of his place, as it still looks effortless and comfortable and I  love the fact that while all of the pieces are delicate, the home is still playful and kid friendly...gotta love that view also. This is how I want my house to look when I grow up.

1 comment:

Julia said...

wow, such a beautiful house... I love the Selby, I have the book :)
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...