Saturday, August 06, 2011

Pop!

When Starbucks started selling their mini desserts including the wondrous Cake Pops, I realized that I had been out of the loop on this whole cake pop phenomenon that seems to have taken over the cupcake craze. I approve of cake pops because they fit with my whole "just for the taste" philosophy. Basically I have a hard time making up my mind when ordering food, so I love it when i get to have a little bit of everything all on one plate, "just for the taste." That's why I'm a huge fan of things like tapas. After learning about the cake pop, I began wondering what other types of dessert pops exist. Well apparently there are all kinds!




What spawned my interest in expanding beyond just cake pops was when I saw this post on Luxirare. I have an unhealthy obsession with this blog, to the point that I've lost sleep over scouring through the archives. Ji Kim, the mysterious author of this blog is this prodigal fashion designer and cook (basically my very own superhero). Her almost OCD style of packaging and photo documenting her creations absolutely amazes me (but also stresses me out a little). Anyway, enough about Luxirare... my point is that she made these adorable pie pops with homemade fillings and customized labels. And below are a whole bunch of other fun dessert pop ideas.


photos: Luxirare

The classic cake pop. Apparently, according to my cousin these a huge hassle to make.
photo: Bakerella

Cupcake Pops



Macaron Pops!


Pop Tart Pops


Sandwich Pops



S'mores Pops

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...