Sunday, May 15, 2011

Smorgasbord

I haven't been posting much about food lately...that's because I've been too busy eating it. I thought I'd just serve up some random food pictures all at once to make you hungry. Bon Apetit!




Beautiful and delicious little pastries from a patisserie on Bernard St. E. (Sadly I don't remember the name)




Yes this is a dog cake!





On the left a brick hen from Toronto's Parts and Labour - I highly recommend this restaurant if you're ever in TO. On the right, a tea bento from my beloved Red Tea Box (also in Toronto).





I made a salad of lettuce, apples, red endive, brie, blue cheese and pumpkin seeds. Please note - never buy "light brie," it may be 46% less fat, but it is 100% less good. There is a reason they make double cream brie. Also I made a strawberry banana smoothie, and there's a pretty pomegranate (pretty but annoying to eat).




These are some pizzas that I made. I've been experimenting with pizza dough lately, in a quest to make a non-cardboard texture dough. I found that my best attempt so far was when i merged a recipe for naan bread and pizza dough. The quest still continues though, as I haven't perfected it. The first pizza has bocconcini cheese, portobello mushrooms, rosmary and olive oil. The second has mozerella, portobello mushrooms and tomato sauce.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Yum! All this food looks delicious!

mari said...

this seriously makes me go yay and oh so hungry!
xx


themerrimari.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...