Thursday, February 17, 2011

Purple Potatoes!







I like root vegetables because they come in strange shapes and beautiful colours.

Yesterday I made a...


Beet Salad by cooking Beets, Sweet Potatoes and Purple Potatoes (my new obsession - so pretty!!) in boiling water until they were all tender. Then I let them cool and added some thinly sliced oranges ( just a little), olive oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrop (just a little!). I topped it off with some freshly ground pepper, feta cheese and walnuts. It turned out to be pretty delicious, so I thought I'd recommend it to you all!

Today I made

Root Vegetable Fries by thinly slicing Sweet potatoes, purple potatoes and Parsnips (my fave!). I tossed them lightly in olive oil and placed everything so it was touching the baking sheet. I put them in the oven at 425 for about 20 minutes. I pulled them out of the oven and sprinkled them with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and some paprika (I love the word paprika).

Enjoy!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...