Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Let's hear it for the boy!

I have to admit, I don't know very much about menswear designers...but with Men's fall 2011 fashion week wrapped up, I figured I'd post some of these boyish good looks!


Bottega Veneta Acne
images - Style.com





Junya Wantanabe images - The Sartorialist


Speaking of boys: Check out the distinct styles of some boys from my current city at http://boysofmontreal.tumblr.com/
These are some of the portraits of Montreal Boys featured on the blog (whats not to like!?):





The idea for the blog came about when the author found a book called "The Girls of Montreal" at a used bookstore:

The idea for this project has been brewing in my mind ever since I stumbled upon this little treasure of a book a couple of years ago at SW Welsch, a used bookstore in Montreal’s Mile End neighborhood. The book was published through McGill University by Zebra Editions in 1967 and is essentially a celebration of women in Montreal. The pages are jam-packed with all the polka dots and beehives that have come to represent the modern woman of the late 1960’s. After leaving the bookshop I couldn’t help but notice the swarms of charming young men that seemed to fill the streets. I realized that a similar celebration of Montreal men was clearly lacking. And thus, The Boys of Montreal was born. Follow me on this documentation of the colorful young men that live in a city as equally eclectic. xo

http://boysofmontreal.tumblr.com/


I'd actually love to try to hunt down a copy of this book, which was published in 1967. You can flip through some of the pages of it on the blog and it looks incredibly awesome.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...