Sunday, February 07, 2010

Haute Couture Spring 2010








The Valentino collection surprised me a lot. Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli, have really changed the face of this brand, and (with no disrespect to Mr. Valentino) for the better, in my opinion. I'm not usually a Valentino girl, but this collection reminded me a lot of Rodarte, which is why I think I liked it so much. Even though it had a futuristic, Avatar-ish vibe ( I still have yet to see Avatar, mostly because I'm so annoyed by everyone telling me I HAVE to see it...But I think I might give in because I hear it IS beautiful), the collection managed to remain light, fluid and almost painterly. The tribal feeling was nicely off-set with the soft and punchy colour palette. I'm excited to see what Valentino's Fall ready to wear has in store.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...