Thursday, December 03, 2009

Soup Soup




http://www.wildgingervegan.com/
Like i mentioned, I've been home all week, sick with the flu. All I've been eating is soup. I've been getting pretty tired of it, but I thought I'd share a really good soup recipe anyway.

This is some amazing food, my friend Sam and I had while i was visiting her in New York City. Its from a vegan restaurant called Wild Ginger. Neither of us are vegan, but the food was amazing none-the less. The top was a pumpkin soup that i tried making when i got home from the trip and it turned out pretty well! Here's my recipe (sorry i don't have any precise measurements, thats just not how i cook!):
  • Vegetable stock
  • pumpkin or butternut squash - chop into cubes(or both)
  • sweet potato - chop into cubes
  • tyme
  • bay leaves
  • white kidney beans (dried)
  • 1 large chopped onion
  • chopped fresh ginger (just a few pinches!)
Saute the onions in a little olive oil until they are brown, add the ginger. Add all other vegetables and seasoning, saute for a couple minutes and then cover with vegetable stock. Let everything simmer a good 3 hours in a covered pot (a slow cooker also works really well). And there you go! I think adding parsnips in there would be really nice as well. I really think parsnips are an under-appreciated vegetable.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...